I know I am a little late on this post, but regardless, I am going to blast into the past, back to week one and two of class and share my thoughts with you. This is the beginning of my programming adventure... I am extremely nervous, hesitant and well, scared.
I signed up for this class in August with an understanding that I was going to learn lots about computers as well as a LITTLE BIT of programming.
I really enjoyed the programming we learned in class 1. It was extremely basic and it didn't take long until I was bragging to my dad (who is a computer programmer) that I knew how to do so many cool things. After the first week of class, green star quickly became my favourite image to draw: (star 30 "solid" "green"). Being a little naive, I thought that the rest of the semester would continue to be this straight forward and simple.
Needless to say, after class 2, I was beginning to have second thoughts. (I did not realise how heavy a focus this class would have on programming :P) I had an instant flashback to my grade 9 computers class, where I struggled with understanding our small unit of 'Turing'. WHY did I choose to use up my last first year elective with a programming class??? What was I thinking?
Stay tuned for the next post to find out if I am surviving CSC104...
I signed up for this class in August with an understanding that I was going to learn lots about computers as well as a LITTLE BIT of programming.
I really enjoyed the programming we learned in class 1. It was extremely basic and it didn't take long until I was bragging to my dad (who is a computer programmer) that I knew how to do so many cool things. After the first week of class, green star quickly became my favourite image to draw: (star 30 "solid" "green"). Being a little naive, I thought that the rest of the semester would continue to be this straight forward and simple.
Needless to say, after class 2, I was beginning to have second thoughts. (I did not realise how heavy a focus this class would have on programming :P) I had an instant flashback to my grade 9 computers class, where I struggled with understanding our small unit of 'Turing'. WHY did I choose to use up my last first year elective with a programming class??? What was I thinking?
Stay tuned for the next post to find out if I am surviving CSC104...
Our introduction to programming is billed as "gentle," and you're right, it is meant to be combined with lots of other knowledge about computers and their interaction with society.
ReplyDeleteThe remaining weeks combine insight into the life of computers with (I hope) a still gentle introduction to programming.