Thursday, 11 October 2012

Post Test Reflection

So to respond to the question posed in my last blog as to how I am enjoying the course and have I really gotten over the shock factor.... I am pleased to say that I am feeling right at home (or as close to home I could ever be to this foreign computer language) in CSC104. This is not to be confused with finding the course easy. Far from it, I am challenged each week in class with new information, harder than the last; which comes just as I have finally grasped the last week's material... It takes an entire week, with many hours of work to understand and remember how to correctly program what we learned the previous week. Right now, for example, I am still struggling with how to change the colours of a picture (ex take out the green etc, which we did in class yesterday). What am I going to do to make this material easier? I am going to wait for the tutorial exercise to be posted. Hopefully it will be related to what we learned last class, in which case, with some extra practice I will hopefully be on track to better understanding the material. If that does not help, then I will search through the online textbook trying to find the section that further explains what I am having trouble with. If that is too unsuccessful, I will turn to my best friend google and hope for some assistance.

Opps... I think I forgot to mention the test...

First of all, I was surprised that the test was only worth 10% when I check the previous week. In hein-sight I wish it was worth a little more, but at the time, I was really happy. I was nervous about the test, not knowing what to expect and how much detail we had to know. But, after taking the test, I realise that I studied really hard and that I was ready for the test :). One thing that made studying for the test easier was that I had already done a majority of my studying the previous weeks, while studying for the quizzes and working on the tutorials.

So to conclude.. I am enjoying the class, am still a little scared that the programming will get way over my head, but also a little bit more confident in my programming abilities. I think that is a small cause for celebration :D

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. The one thing that concerns me is the "many" hours of work. If many is much more than 8 (including lecture and tutorial) per week, then I may want to recalibrate something. You sound like a serious, hard-working student.

    ReplyDelete